1 in 6
12 May, 2010
For some (not that unfathomable) reason global hunger is the thing which annoys and animates me the most. So I was really pleased to see that the UN have just set up a new campaign to try and get hunger to the top of the political and development agenda. I’m somewhat sceptical about these sorts of low cost displays of ‘caring’, but having seen what happened with the Robin Hood Tax perhaps I ought to be a little bit more open-minded.
(1) follow this link and sign up. And then send your family and friends your links too. http://www.1billionhungry.org/davidhudson
(2) spend some time to find out a little bit more about the extent of chronic hunger in the world and decide on doing something about it, whether donating, volunteering, or campaigning and lobbying as you see fit.
It will be interesting to see how this turns out. And interesting to see what people think about this – feel free to comment below.
- Is global hunger a top priority?
- Do these sorts of low-cost, online petitions, social media campaigns work, change anything?
- What do you do? What should we do? What can we do?
- Yellow whistle?